The government has recently announced an easing of lockdown and measures, people are now allowed to travel to/from viewings and also to move home. Please find the full advice that the government has issued here for more detailed information.
Main points regarding new guidelines for estate agents:
- People are now free to move home.
- You can put your home on the market to sell or rent.
- You can start to look for properties you want to move into.
- You are free to make or accept an offer on a property as normal.
- Physical viewings are now allowed, provided that strict social distancing is in place.
- Estate agents are allowed to visit properties to value as long as social distancing is in place.
- Estate agents can now visit your home in order to take photos and videos.
- Removals companies have been given the green light to facilitate home moves again.
Safe working practices in place
At Machards, we will be following the Government guidelines in place for estate agencies to make sure our clients, customers, staff, suppliers, and anyone else that we come into contact with remains safe at all times during the course of conducting business.
The following measures are in place in order to conduct viewings safely:
- Viewings must only take place with serious buyers/potential tenants who are genuinely interested in the property.
- As much as possible, a first viewing should be done online as virtual viewing. We offer virtual viewings on most of our properties, please get in touch for more information.
- Physical viewings should be done by appointment only and open houses are not allowed.
- Before viewing, you will need to confirm that you are not suffering any symptoms.
- If your home is being viewed, please open all windows and doors prior to the viewing taking place and if possible, leave the property for the duration of the viewing.
- Everyone involved must wash their hands prior to the viewing and handwashing facilities should be made available.
- Social distancing has to be in place at all times during a viewing.
- Once the viewing has finished, the homeowner should ensure surfaces such as door handles are cleaned.
Please stayed informed of Government and official advice on a regular basis as measures and guidelines may change.